Knight Frank India’s third edition of the Capital Markets report ‘Realty Asset Monetisation 2018: An Overview’ deciphers the emerging trends in monetisation of real estate assets.
To download a copy of the report, please fill the form on the right.
PE investments across debt and equity:
- PE investments across debt and equity shifted into a new paradigm post 2014 with the new Government coming into power
- PE investments grew at a CAGR of around 36% from USD 2.5 billion (Rs. 17,200 Cr) in 2014 to USD 8.6 billion (Rs. 59,100 Cr) in 2017
PE investments into equity across commercial assets:
- USD 8.35 billion (Rs. 57,300 crores) has been invested into office assets since 2011
- Developers have pocketed 95% (USD 7.9 billion or Rs. 54,145 crores) of the total investments into office assets
- USD 1.51 billion (Rs. 10,362 crores) has been invested into retail assets since 2011
- Many developers in the top metros of India who are not in need of funds are still holding on to their most sought-after retail assets, as the anticipated rent growth in the mall is higher than contractual terms
- Policy reforms have catapulted the sector into a new trajectory post 2014
- USD 4.2 billion (Rs. 28,822 crores) has been invested into the organised warehousing sector since 2011. Out of which USD 4.1 billion (Rs. 28,136 crores) has been invested since 2014