INDIA WAREHOUSING MARKET REPORT 2019
Knight Frank launches the latest edition of its flagship report, India Warehousing Market 2019 to give perspective on the scale and growth of the warehousing market in India. According to the report, total warehousing space estimated to be 68 million sq m (739 million sq ft) in 2019 for the manufacturing sector which is projected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% in the next five years to 86 million sq m (922 million sq ft) by 2024.
To download a copy of the report, please fill the form on the right.
- Total requirement of storage space in the Indian manufacturing sector accounts for 80% of the warehousing market today.
- Top warehousing markets in India witness a growth of 77% year -on -year in leasing in April 2018 – March 2019.
- The warehousing industry has witnessed massive participation from institutional investors, as well as developers, who have collectively invested over USD 6.8 billion since 2014, with an average investment per deal of USD 282 million.
- Private Equity funds had a 49% share of the total investments into the warehousing industry. This was followed by sovereign & pension fund at 31% and 20% of the pie belonged to the developers
- 83% of the investments in warehousing assets went into new developments where as 10% went into ready assets and 7% into a combination of ready and under construction assets.
- The investment committed by institutional investors alone, is estimated to create over 15 million sq m (158 million sq ft) of new warehousing space over the next few years.
- Kolkata witnessed highest year-on-year (YoY) surge with 191% in warehousing leasing volume over 2017 followed by Bengaluru (147%) & Hyderabad (96%)
- Other cities such as Coimbatore, Guwahati, Rajpura, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Lucknow, Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar and Siliguri are gaining prominence now in terms of the growing demand for warehousing space.